ADHD: What To Know
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is commonly referred as ADD to many and is the most common neurobehavioral disorder in children here in Atlanta. ADHD may affect up to 10% of the US population and some experts say more than 5 million children in the U.S alone carry this diagnosis. There are many people who fail to understand how big a problem ADHD can be for adults as well. Problems with school, at work, in relationships and self esteem can often persist as a result of this disorder.
But, there is hope. People with focus issues are often simply medicated which means they have to cope with the side effects of the medication. Most sufferers struggle with medication compliance issues as a result of these side effects which means there’s a cycle of life that involves being on and off the medication. For many with ADHD, this pattern of life simply won’t do. At The Martin Clinic, we focus on a more natural approach to addressing ADHD rather than simply using medication. We’re not saying medication isn’t ever helpful, but we know that there are other ways of helping.
If you’re tired of the cycles and swings of being on meds or simply want to try a more natural approach to dealing with ADHD, schedule a consultation with Dr. Jeremy Martin today. Let us help you get rid of all the distractions and get focused.
ADHD Symptoms Often Include:
- A struggle to focus
- Hyperactivity in some forms
- Can be distracted easily
- Trouble shifting attention
- Self esteem issues
Other facts about ADHD
• 50% of adults with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms have a substance abuse disorder
• More than 50% have a nicotine dependence
• The children in the US consume 3x the stimulants consumed by the rest of the world’s children combined.
• Many of those with ADHD get in trouble with the law.
• We have helped many people manage their problems associated with this disorder.
If you’re tired of the side effects and want alternatives to ADD medications, click here.