Brain maps are a 15 minute, non-invasive, computerized analysis of brain function. The electrical activity of the brain is associated with function of the brain. Brain maps allow for targeted management of a weak or unbalanced area of the brain. These multi-color maps show if any parts of the brain are outside the normal range.
There are several reasons to get a brain map. The top 10 reasons are as follows:
1. There are difficulties with focus and attention. Brain mapping has a long history of helping to recognize the symptoms of attention deficit disorder or ADD.
2. A person feels like they are in a fog or having problems with zoning out. Brain fog can happen in a child and in an adult.
3. Head trauma. Concussions. A history of contact sports. It is important to make sure the electrical activity of the brain is intact. Head trauma is associated with a long term loss of brain activity and function.
4. A person has poor emotional control. People with anger issues and a short fuse often have high alpha waves (8-12 hertz) in the brain.
5. Depression. We all go through down times in life. When the down times are chronic (lasting more than a week or two) or severe (talk of not wanting to live or self harm), it is important to seek counseling and to get a brain map to find if there is a neurological reason behind the feelings. We often find low alpha waves in these cases.
6. Anxiety. Like depression, a small amount of anxiety can be normal. It is when the anxiety becomes chronic or severe that brain mapping can help determine the cause.
7. Poor sleep. Sleep is when we recharge and take in the events of the day for processing. Without the proper amount of sleep, out brain does not have the opportunity to rest and take in what happened that day.
8. Autism Spectrum Disorder. We have a long history of helping those with autism improve their executive function (learning, communication, cognition, organization, dealing with new situations.)
9. Memory issues. Memory is one of our greatest assets. Memory problems can come from many different sources. It is important to find out if there is a neurological reason behind the symptoms.
10. Burn out. Many people feel cloudy, have less energy and don’t accomplish as much as they once did. Brain maps can help find the cause of these symptoms.
If you are dealing with any of these symptoms or disorders, the best place to often start is by getting a brain map. Call us for more information at 770.237.3970 or email us at email@example.com. You can also check us out at www.themartinclinic.com.